Monday, April 16, 2012

PMDD update

In a previous post I believe I mentioned that I suffer from PMDD (Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder). Basically a fancy word for SEVERE PMS. One of the symptoms that I have been struggling with for a while now even with Shakeology and all of the nuritional changes I've made is fatigue. This has killed many of my workout efforts. I've tried many different ways to get natural energy to help me workout including many pre workout drinks. Some have helped some, but only to a point.

Being fed up with this, I starting asking around. I can't take this anymore, I'm done feeling like crap and having no energy for 1-2 weeks 2+ weeks before my cycle events starts. Now that's ridiculous. I took a trip to my local Vitamin Shoppe and started telling my story to the manager there I have grown close to and very much trust. She, being a women, knew just how to help me. She recommended me try a progestrone cream. The first few days I felt nothing, as a matter of fact at one point I even called back to complain about how tired I was. I almost felt worse than I did before taking it. I was worried that my body was responding opposite of what it was suppose to do. They talked me into trying it for a few more days.

Into my 2nd week of using it, all of the suddent I noticed one day I wasn't feeling as bad. It wasn't this immediate WOW.. okay let's run a marathon, feeling, but more of just relief. I realized I wasn't so tired anymore and actually wanted to do stuff around the house. I felt the need to do my workouts. I felt calm, at peace, an over all feeling of well-being. After the 2nd full week, it dawned on me how much the cream really did work.

Let me also throw in there, a couple of weeks before that, I had ordered and started a pre-workout powder from Beachbody called Energy & Endurance. I also started 2 supplements one called Slimming Formula and the other is Performance Formula. I felt like a million bucks. I was pushing harder through my workouts, I'm loosing body fat, I feel amazing.

The only downside to taking a progestrone cream is that you have to stop using it on the first day of your cycle. Then you have to wait until after your cycle to restart it. So now I've not been able to use it for the past 3-5 days now. I'm already feeling the affects from not using it. Today I have felt really tired and not had the energy to really do much.

I promised my team I would join them today, Monday, starting Chalene's Chalean Extreme program. A promise is a promise. I couldn't let me down. So I cook my E&E, slimming formula and performance formula and within 30 minutes I was raring to go. WOOHOO. Great workout. I couldn't stand it any longer so I started the progestrone cream again today. I'm looking forward to getting my mojo back. Day 2 coming tomorrow. I can't wait to see what happens after this 90 day program.

No comments:

Post a Comment